Date: Monday, April 26, 2010
Unity Families and Community:
Unity High School students (Grades 9 – 11) will be STAR testing Monday May 17, 2010 – Thursday, May 20, 2010. Testing will begin at 08:10 am sharp, so please ensure that students arrive on time. All students will be released at 12 noon on all testing days. All 12th grade seniors will have minimum days as well, but do have to report to school in preparation of their final projects. There will be no after school program during STAR testing, including Friday, May 21, 2010. The 9th grade after school program will resume on Monday, May 26, 2010.
There is no school on Friday, May 28 and Monday, May 31, 2010. No classes will be held and the school will be closed on these days.
Here is some important information regarding test scores at Unity High School:
Unity’s API score was 595 for the 2006-2007 school year
Unity’s API score was 624 (growth of 29 points) for the 2007-2008 school year
Unity’s API score was 677 (growth of 53 points!) for the 2008-2009 school year
Please encourage your student to do well on STAR exams. Unity teachers have been preparing students for these important exams and we are very confident that our students will excel.
Here are some important reminders to help support students during STAR testing:
- Please encourage your student to do well on STAR exams.
- Please make sure students arrive by 0800 am on testing days. A small breakfast snack will be available starting at 07:45 am on testing days.
- Students should get a full night of sleep on testing days.
- Students should bring their own #2 pencil on testing days.
- Monday, May 17 – Thursday, May 20, 2010 => Unity STAR Testing (all students dismissed at 12 noon)
- Friday, May 21, 2010 => Regular school day (no 9th grade after school program)
- Friday, May 28, 2010 => No school in observance of Unity Day
- Monday, May 31, 2010 => No school in observance of Memorial Day