Unity High offers a variety of after school programs, extra curricular activities, college visits, and field trips throughout the year.
- Student Government
- Journalism – In collaboration with Oaktown Teen Times
- Chess Club
- Black Student Union
- Mural painting
- Unity Live – Gardening program, FoodCommunityCulture.org
- Sisters Inspiring Sisters (SIS)
Pairs Unity students with mentors from Mills College for tutoring and mentoring
- TechBridge/Chabot Space Science Center of Oakland – Introduces female Unity students to careers in the sciences and engineering
- Peer Health Exchange – In association with Mills College
Unity High is part of the Bay Area Charter Schools Athletic Conference.
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Boys and Girls Soccer
- Girls Volleyball
- Cross country running
From as early as their freshman year, students begin touring colleges in the Bay Area, southern California and UC schools, and sometimes to the East Coast.
In the past years Unity students have visited colleges in cities across the nation such as Boston, New York City, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Washington, D.C.
In 2007, a group from Unity High traveled to the Gulf Coast to provide disaster relief services due to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
In December 2009, thirty-three juniors headed to Washington, D.C., as part of the Close Up program in which students learn more about the U.S. Government and democracy in action.
In the summer of 2010, students partnered up with the Movimiento Program to go to El Salvador for 10 days.