The Summer Legal Fellowship Program
A Paid Internship Program for East Bay Public High School Students
- Gain employment skills
- Develop skills in communication and negotiation
- Learn about law, social justice, higher education, and careers
- Meet legal professionals and students from other schools
- Get paid!
The program includes:
- Classes and Activities on the UC Berkeley campus, in law, life skills and leadership
- Mock Trials in which students play the roles of lawyers, investigators and witnesses
- Internships in law, government, or public service offices where you’ll work with professionals and learn practical skills
- A Graduation Ceremony
Pay > Earn $1,400 for the summer. You might also be able to receive high school credit.
Schedule > Full time. June 17 through August 16, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location > Classes are held at the U.C. Berkeley campus, which can be reached by BART and many bus lines.
Internships are located in Berkeley, Oakland, SF, and Richmond, and are accessible by public transit.
Center for Youth Development through Law
- What some of our students have said:
“The program was great! It helped me prepare for the outside world.”
“This was an amazing experience that matured and opened my
mind in so many ways.”
“I met great friends and learned a lot of useful materials.”
High school sophomores, juniors and seniors attending public school in Oakland, Berkeley, El Cerrito or Richmond are eligible to apply.
Interested students should contact Nancy Schiff at 510-642-4520 or email@example.com
Parents/guardians: Please do not contact us on behalf of your son or daughter. Interested students should contact us directly.
You can also contact Ms. Grant or Mr. Zarazua for an application. The deadline is 4/19, but the sooner the better so do not procrastinate!